Monday, July 22, 2013

Clam'n around

I've been itch'n to write a blog post.  Partly because my blog just seems lonely and the partly because wellllll...I used to write and I miss my own little updates.

Summer is 1/2 way over and I can't help but say Horray because this Summer has been good to us.  The weather in Seattle has been dreamy and I feel like we have done so many fun things which is usually so hard to feel when you are a working parent.  I threw the kids into day camp this year and it was the best decision ever (even if it does cost an arm and a leg).  The mom guilt is no longer--knowing that they aren't sitting on their bums playing video games.  Instead they are swimming and playing and field-tripping and relishing in the fun sun.   

Twice in the past week we have gone oyster and clam digging.  If you have never done it, you are missing out!  There is seriously nothing better than digging clams with your bare hands, and then cooking clam chowder.  It should be on the list of things to do before you die.  

My MIL and niece came for a visit last week and it went swimmingly--like how they took care of my kids went swimming and stuff.  But what I enjoyed most was how my 13 year old niece just really loved being here.  We wanted to show her everything--the fresh markets, the good food, the beautiful views and weather and it made me really grateful to live here.    


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin